This recipe is one of my favorites. Growing up, my mom would always make this for me. In fact, if I remember correctly this was our Sunday dinner most of the time. In my own home, I must make it at least once a month. My son loves this dish and always asked for second helpings. Everyone including my hubby compares it to hamburger helper -which I find repulsive. Once you taste Goulash I’m sure you would enjoy this mouthwatering alternative.
1 box of dry macaroni
1 pound lean ground beef
1 small onion diced
1/2 green bell pepper diced
1 can small diced tomatoes
1 can of sweet corn niblets
1 package of shredded mild cheddar cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
Salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika seasonings to taste
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the macaroni according to the directions on the box.
2. While the pasta cooks, brown the ground beef in a large skillet. Cook for about 5 minutes making sure the meat is broken up into small pieces and no pink is visible.
3. Stir in the corn, onions and green peppers with salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika seasonings to taste. Spoon off any grease.
4. Drain the pasta once done and add the cheese. Stir until cheese is completely melted.
5. Mix the entire contents of the skillet into the pot and stir. Cook for an additional 3-5 minutes. Taste and add more salt and/or pepper if needed.
3 thoughts on “Quick & Easy Goulash”
I hope you enjoy it’s definitely one of my favs.
I have a friend living in Italy, when I asked him his favorite food he told me about goulash, I asked the procedure, but it looked bit complicated, but after looking at your recipe, I think it can never be as simple as you figured it out here. I will surely cook it using your recipe.
Thanks for sharing Shaquanda
Looks a wonderful. I love a hearty meal! Better than anything that comes out of a box! Thanks for sharing. 🙂