Have you ever looked in your closet only to find nothing to wear? Coming from some one who never wears the same “outfit” twice, I think we are all guilty of this. We tend to hold special memories with certain pieces of clothing and after a while, you get the feeling that your wardrobe has emotional ties. Do you have a ring from your 18th birthday that you only wear on special occasions?
How about your favorite cardigan that brings out the color of your eyes or that little black dress that makes your legs look stunning? Its a shame these items can be our favorites but we hardly wear them.
If your ever feeling like your wardrobe is stale, consider consigning. The money you make from the sale of your previously owned items will be funds for your closet makeover. Remember to stick to a budget when shopping and never get rid of clothing you will regret later. During this time you should always dispose of clothes that are worn out or doesn’t fit properly. Remember, the holidays are the season of giving- don’t forget Goodwill!!
Here are a few tips to fall back in love with your wardrobe without going shopping, as hard as that may be.
First try to recycle your “club” clothes. Okay, I know I’m not the only one who still has their old clothes from back in the day. Pull out that mini dress; it can be worn as a shirt now. Make it werk!
Also, look in those places you have left clothes. I know you have been looking for those jeans that make your butt look nice. Check the trunk. Look under the bed. How about the laundry room? When is the last time you looked in the back of your closet? Even the most well-kept closet can hijack a pair of pants or a top. You would be surprised what you would find.
For all of your incomplete outfits, we have what you need at KT! With the new season, it’s the perfect time to spruce up our wardrobe.
We’re all sexy beasts- it’s a given fact. But sometimes, you need an extra boost to get into that mindset. Luckily, that’s easy to do. Sexy is simple. You don’t need to revamp your entire life to feel good about yourself- often the smallest changes can have a big impact. Whether it’s something others will notice or not is irrelevant; it’s all about how it makes YOU feel. Here’s a few places to start:
- Treat yourself to a good fitting bra. Comfort is key when it comes to feeling good, and an ill-fitting bra can make you feel self-conscious. A bra is a necessary investment for every woman. Make sure you know your correct size (because a lot of women are actually wearing the wrong size). Get fitted, and treat yourself to a bra that hugs your curves just right.
- Keep your nails well manicured, even if it’s DIY. Manicured nails will make you feel put together, even if the rest of you doesn’t. Simple to do, and seeing the pop of color will perk you up!
- Workout routinely. Exercising releases endorphins in your body, a chemical similar to morphine. You’ll feel good! Besides that, you will feel accomplished, and your changing physique will put an extra strut in your step.
- Wear more silk or lace undergarments. Boy, do these feel amazing against your skin. No one will know but you (and your partner, to his/her surprise…), but your secret will make you feel like a goddess.
- Perform daily self affirmations. Sounds silly to some, but it’s a proven way to improve your life. Speaking what you want to do/feel will make it more likely to happen. Every morning, give yourself a pep talk in the mirror.
- Take a pole dance class. I’m a firm believer that every woman needs to do this at least once in her life. They are so entertaining and empowering. And being surrounded by a group of strong women is infectious. Let loose, and have fun!
- Meditate. Our lives are busy beyond belief- and there’s a very small chance that will change any time soon. But that’s okay; we can handle it. But everyday, take a moment to yourself and free your mind. Clearing your head- even if just for a few minutes- will give you a better handle on your busy life.
- Walk around naked. It’s freeing and empowering with a hint of naughty. We’ve all done it before, which means we all know how good it feels.
- De-clutter your home. Home should be a sanctuary. This is hard to accomplish when there’s chaos. Straighten up a bit, and enjoy your oasis.
- Spend time with your lover. And I mean REAL time. No phone, no TV, and no kids. Just each other. Even if it’s just a few minutes before bed, spend the time to grow closer to your partner. The growing emotional bond will make you feel more secure about yourself. Security=sexy.
What do you do to make yourself feel sexy?
This week, we’re focusing on travel! This is part two of a five part packing/prep series.
One of my favorite things to do is to travel; I do it multiple times a year. Seeing the world and all its infinite wonders is fun and exhilarating. But before the fun starts, there is the daunting task of packing. Packing for a vacation can be stressful and overwhelming. When packing for a trip, you must be strategic. Since you cannot possibly take your entire closet with you, it’s important to know the basics of traveling light while still looking fabulous!
Here are some tips to make this a little easier:
Cosmetics: Every woman wants to look and feel amazing while on vacation, but a face full of make up isn’t necessary while traveling. Think about it: do you want to waste precious vacation time slaving away in front of a mirror every morning? And who are you glamming up for? You’ll never encounter the people you meet again (unless you make some new friends!)
So, keep it light. You can still look presentable with minimal make up. Doesn’t your skin deserve a break, too?
Here are my everyday staples that are perfect to take with you:
- Waterproof mascara
- Tinted Moisturizer
Try using a color palette. Having a color scheme will help you pre-plan your outfits in an organized fashion. Stick to a few matching colors, so you can create multiple looks with only a few items. Think of the clothes you have in your closet and how well they work together. Once you have your clothes together, pick one or two lip colors (lipstick, gloss, or tinted balm) and a small eye shadow palette to add to the list above. And don’t forget makeup remover!
Tip: Try pairing clothing options together that you’ve never tried. It will be fun and exciting to play dress up while on vacation.
Accessories: Interested in adding some flavor to your outfit? Then accessories are a must! It is much easier to throw a few extra pair of sunglasses or bracelets in your suitcase than articles of clothing.
Remember: Confidence is the best accessory any woman can have!!!